The Portsmouth Pirates

Play up Portsmouth, Portsmouth Pirates!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

You can't take the sky from me. (Firefly)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Captain Goat

PostSubject: You can't take the sky from me. (Firefly)   Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:37 pm

Since you've recently watched Buffy and Angel, like.

You watched Firefly?

Just started it myself having had it on my "To watch" list for years. It's good, but I'm already getting depressed about the fact it got cancelled so soon.  Crying or Very sad 

Kaylee  I love you 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Portsmouth Parrot
Admin

PostSubject: Re: You can't take the sky from me. (Firefly)   Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:31 pm

I saw "you can't take" and for a minute I thought that was going to be a quote from the Six Feet Under finale.

Ironically, I probably will actually be watching Firefly soon. Netflix emailed me wanting to give me another free trial and out of everything on there it's probably the highest up on my "to watch" list.

It helps that it has Nathan Fillion who I have realised is  I love you  (no homo) since I started watching Castle this year.

I think I might have actually seen that Serenity film that they did after it got cancelled, despite me having hardly any knowledge of Firefly at all. :fp: Just as well it was years ago and I'll have forgotten anything that could have been spoilery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://portsmouthpirates.forumotion.co.uk
Captain Goat

PostSubject: Re: You can't take the sky from me. (Firefly)   Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:00 am

Surely a wealthy guy such as yourself can afford to pay for Netflix.

Can steal some good ideas from Firefly for PP. :shifty:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Portsmouth Parrot
Admin

PostSubject: Re: You can't take the sky from me. (Firefly)   Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:46 am

Loved the first episode.

Fillion.  I love you  Cool
Adam Baldwin.  Cool
Kaylee. I love you
Naked Summer Glau in a box.  Twisted Evil

Captain Goat wrote:
Surely a wealthy guy such as yourself can afford to pay for Netflix.

Can steal some good ideas from Firefly for PP. :shifty:  

Actually got the impression while watching it that it could influence TPP. Wrote a few things earlier (and not all of them were gay) so that's something. Really need to get the pilot properly thought out/wrote apart from the few random scenes and episode title I have for it.

We'll be needing to make this thing a success in order for me to maintain that "wealth".

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Captain Goat

PostSubject: Re: You can't take the sky from me. (Firefly)   Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:56 pm

Kaylee  I love you 

I think the episodes of this on Netflix are in the wrong order BTW, don't match the running order from Wiki.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Portsmouth Parrot
Admin

PostSubject: Re: You can't take the sky from me. (Firefly)   Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:04 am

Checked and the first episode on Netflix was the intended pilot but not the one that aired first due to Fox being idiots. Will have to make sure that the rest are in proper order before watching them.

Also noticed this: "Although Whedon had designed the show to run for seven years".

For FFS.  Mad Sad 

Kaylee I love you
Back to top Go down
Captain Goat

PostSubject: Re: You can't take the sky from me. (Firefly)   Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:22 am

Finished the series - and the film afterwards.

Fuck you Fox for cancelling this. Up there with Buffy and Angel.

Mal  Cool 
Jayne  Cool Laughing 
Kaylee and River  I love you I love you I love you 

Wish the film was more successful to justify some sequels. I want more... Guess there's always the comics.  What a Face 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Portsmouth Parrot
Admin

PostSubject: Re: You can't take the sky from me. (Firefly)   Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:32 am

Captain Goat wrote:
Fuck you Fox for cancelling this. Up there with Buffy and Angel.
Fuck yeah.

Think I've got about six episodes and the film left to watch. I've been taking it slow since I don't want it to end. Sad 

Jaynestown episode was amazing. There should be a similar episode about one of the crew in TPP.

So this is where "Hero of Canton" comes from.  Surprised
Back to top Go down
Portsmouth Parrot
Admin

PostSubject: Re: You can't take the sky from me. (Firefly)   Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:03 am

And done. Loved the whole series and the film. Wish there was more, but at least it didn't end on a cliffhanger or anything, or go to shit like Buffy sort of did in it's last season. :shifty:

Portsmouth Parrot wrote:
Just as well it was years ago and I'll have forgotten anything that could have been spoilery.

:lolshifty:
Glad I did forget most of it given how brutal it was. Wasn't expecting anyone to die after the main cast got through the series unscathed. Suppose I should have known better knowing Joss. At least my favourites survived. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Captain Goat

PostSubject: Re: You can't take the sky from me. (Firefly)   Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:32 am

Should have killed off Zoe instead of Walsh. She was the worst character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Portsmouth Parrot
Admin

PostSubject: Re: You can't take the sky from me. (Firefly)   Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:34 am

Mibs. Definitely one of my least favourites.

Can't say I was that bothered about Book dying either. :shifty:

Mal, Jayne, Kaylee and River were blates the best ones. I love you
Back to top Go down
Captain Goat

PostSubject: Re: You can't take the sky from me. (Firefly)   Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:31 am

Aye, didn't care much for Book either... Might seem a bit racist that it's the 2 black characters I liked least What a Face

Kaylee I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You can't take the sky from me. (Firefly)   

Back to top Go down

You can't take the sky from me. (Firefly)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1